Types of Information & Personal Information Collected Through the Services
Our Services enable our users to connect applications (i.e., End Customer Applications and Customer Applications) with Partner Applications (e.g., third party services and applications such as for HRIS, ATS, ticketing, accounting services and platforms etc.) via APIs and Merge Integrations made available by us. We may collect, store and process, on your and/or your organization’s behalf, any data (including Personal Information) transmitted to Merge from an End Customer Application, Customer Application or Partner Application through a Merge Integration .
We may also collect data, including Personal Information, directly from you or your organization through the Services such as:
- Your contact information (such as name, address, email address and phone number);
- Personal information contained in legal agreements (such as invoices and orders);
- Information posted by you to the Services (such as comments, suggestions, feedback, opinions, or media);
- About third parties, but solely pursuant to their express permission, collected and processed by an End Customer, Customer, or Partner (e.g., job candidate information originally stored within End Customer’s systems, a Customer Application or Partner Application); and
- Any other Personal Information you submit to us in the form of an email or via any function within the Services (e.g., requests for demos, contact forms, job postings, etc.).
Types of Uses of Information & Personal Information
- To provide the Services;
- To process product orders received through the Services or other ways you communicate them to us (e.g., email, phone);
- To evaluate business opportunities;
- To effectuate or enforce a transaction or agreement;
- To adjust offerings or services provided by us to you;
- To provide you with information about our products and services that we believe you may find of interest, including to send you mailing lists, and marketing and promotional e-mails;
- To authenticate visitors to the Services;
- To generate de-identified and aggregated statistics data for any lawful purpose and as specified in the Terms;
- To be able to respond to requests or inquiries, and for similar, customer-service-related purposes;
- To respond to job applications. If you decide to apply for a job with us, you may submit your Personal Information and resume online. If you apply for a job with us through a third-party platform (such as Glassdoor or LinkedIn), we will collect certain Personal Information you make available to us through such third-party platform;
- We automatically collect through the Services information that is often not personally identifying, such as the website from which visitors came to the Services, Services visitors’ IP address, browser type and other information relating to the device through which they access the Services. We may combine this information with the Personal Information we have collected from you; and
- To improve the Services and offerings or services provided by us and to better understand how users access and use the Services and offerings provided by us.
For clarity, we do not make any warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will be able to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access to, or alteration of personally identifiable information you provide to us. You make any disclosure of personally identifiable information to us at your own risk.
Types of Sharing of or Disclosures of Personal Information
We may share or disclose Personal Information to third parties for the following purposes:
- To third parties in aggregated, or non-personally identifying, forms of information about our Services users for marketing, advertising, research or other reasonable business purposes;
- To provide you with information relating to products or services that we believe you may find of interest;
- In response to a subpoena or other legal process by a governmental entity or third party, or if otherwise required by law;
- To protect or enforce our rights including with respect to our assets and properties;
- In the event of the sale or dissolution (bankruptcy) of assets, in whole or in part, of our business or any of its affiliates;
- To third parties involved in the process of fulfilling orders, providing, or performing functions on our behalf and as aspects necessary to provide our products and the Service (e.g., such as third-party integration partners, service providers, contractors, payment processors, banks, and collection agencies); and
- To provide products or services requested.
Cookies, Beacons and Analytics
When you interact with the Services, we strive to make your experience easy and meaningful. Our Services uses technology, or those of third-party service providers, such as cookies, web beacons (clear GIFs, web bugs) and similar technologies to track user activity and collect site data. We may combine this data with the Personal Information we have collected from you.
Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, Web beacons are embedded invisibly on webpages and may not be disabled or controlled through your browser.
We may also engage third parties to track and analyze Services activity on our behalf. To do so, these third parties may place cookies or web beacons to track user activity on our Services. We use the data collected by such third parties to administer and improve the quality of the Services, analyze usage of the Services, and provide a more enhanced user experience on the Services, such as personalizing and delivering relevant offers and content based on user activity on the Services. We do not provide these third parties with your Personal Information.
We may use third party analytics services (such as Google Analytics and other similar services) to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources.
We may use your email address to communicate with you about orders you have placed, inquiries you have made about our products and services, or information you have shared with us through the Services or email. We may send you emails from time-to-time, about information that we believe may be of interest to you. We may also send you news and offers about our products and services, or those of our chosen partners. Examples include, but are not limited to, our blog, newsletter, information about special offers, or other products or offerings.
Personal data collected from the European Union and Switzerland will, for example, be transferred to and processed by us in the United States or another country outside of the European Union and Switzerland. In such instances, we shall ensure that the transfer of your personal data is carried out in accordance with applicable privacy laws and, in particular, that appropriate contractual, technical, and organisational measures are in place such as the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the EU Commission.
Your Data Protection Rights (California Residents)
If you are a resident of California and interact with us as a consumer, you have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.), including to request access to and deletion of your Personal Information (as defined in the CCPA). You may exercise these rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not sell your Personal Information, but we may allow our advertising partners to collect certain device identifiers and electronic network activity that allows them to show ads within their systems that are targeted to your interests. To opt out of having your Personal Information used for targeted advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices.
How to Contact Us
While we strive for error free performance, we cannot always catch an unintended privacy issue. As a result, we encourage your questions and comments about any privacy concerns. Please direct them to us by an email to the following: email@example.com.
Last Revised: August 1, 2022